Since our last report, big data and data analytics have continued to gain significant investment and attention from organisations across industries, representing a healthy and growing market. The past 12-18 months however were not uneventful. There were two key developments that marked the course of the big data industry: the mergers and acquisitions that took place throughout 2019, and the more recent coronavirus outbreak.
For this year’s report, we asked Big Data strategists, architects and users to give us a comprehensive view of how much progress has been made with Big Data initiatives:
- Has the priority of and investment in Big Data projects been affected by the recent developments?
- How easy is it to measure benefits, ROI and results?
- What are the main drivers for initiating investment in Big Data projects?
- What are the main challenges preventing the adoption or further progress of Big Data projects?
- What is their Big Data and cloud strategy?
- What are the main data platform vendors and analytical tools used?
This report consolidates our findings and brings useful insight on the state of Big Data in 2020.