The Aviation Industry is growing, and expectations are rising from today’s savvier, more connected travellers. IATA expects 8.2 billion air travellers in 2037, almost twice the number of air travellers today. Given the high costs associated with aviation infrastructure, airlines and airports will not be able to handle this escalation in volume and keep pace with:
- Rising customer expectations
- New business models
- More stringent security and regulatory requirements
- Environmental concerns
In this challenging environment, a fully connected, digital ecosystem empowers airlines and airports to increase their efficiency, improve customer experience across their journey, and create new revenue streams by leveraging the entire travel domain.
Enhanced customer experiences
Understanding how customer decision journeys are evolving and how customer behaviours and expectations are developing can make or break aviation companies’ bottom line, especially in such a consumer-intensive environment. Data-driven, fully integrated technologies enable airlines and airports create value and stay ahead of trends.
- End-to-end customer personalisation
- Streamlined customer journey
- Increased ancillary revenue streams
- Real-time capabilities [ offers, pricing, status reports, route optimisation, location based services etc]
- Unified 360 degree customer view
- More effective loyalty programmes
Growth-enabling business models
To understand where the emerging value generators lay, airlines and airports need to rethink their way of doing business. For some, creating value may be about developing entirely new models to include adjacent business categories; for others, it may be about identifying and going after new value pools in their existing business.
- Seamless integration of data and capabilities across channels and partners
- Insightful, real-time business analytics
- Faster time-to-market and value realisation
- Self-service capabilities
- Process automation
- Increased security, monitoring and control
- Improved compliance
- Flexibility & business agility
Connectivity is key in IT enablement. Building a connected IT ecosystem where legacy and new systems become seamlessly integrated to support a continuous delivery model will accelerate innovation and make IT a business enabler.
- More value from existing and legacy data sources
- Improve team productivity across the board
- Introduce new applications at ease
- Unified view and centralised data access
- Increased system availability and reliability
- Optimisation of processes
- Domain interoperability
- Enhanced governance
Creating a digital-first strategy will help companies within the aviation industry to create a fully connected, data driven environment so they can provide the seamless travel experience their customers expect, whilst improving their efficiency and profitability.
If you would like to find out more about how our MuleSoft integration and Big Data services can help airlines and airports drive digital transformation, then do give us a call at +44 (0)203 475 7980 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other useful links:
WHISHWORKS MuleSoft Services