As a strategic partner of MuleSoft, we have been part of the Mule 4 and Anypoint Studio 7 Beta program for several months now, and we are very excited with the recent GA release of Mule 4 and Studio 7, a major evolution of the core runtime behind Anypoint Platform.
Focused on simplifying application development, while adding at the same time more power and speed, Mule 4 represents the next generation of API-led integration tools and capabilities:
- Accelerates application creation and delivery with 50% fewer steps
- Uses DataWeave 2.0 as the default expression language, facilitating queries and data transformation
- Incorporates a new ‘error’ construct and ‘try’ scope feature that makes error identification and debugging faster than ever before
- Has enhanced Anypoint Connectors that contain built-in logic to spot data changes
- Replaces the Anypoint Connector DevKit with the advanced Mule SDK that incorporates among other things forward compatibility with Mule versions, transactions support, and the ability to create routers
- Introduces a simplified Message model which makes it easier to access content and metadata.
- Manages streaming automatically and allows users to stream and access data concurrently for greater speed.
- Offers improved user interface with the new Mule Palette of Studio 7
- Features a new reactive, non-blocking execution engine for optimal performance
Our MuleSoft Centre of Excellence has been preparing and using the insight gained from our participation in the Beta program as a foundation for our expanding Mule 4 competences and best practices. With respect to our Asana, Expedia and Microsoft Azure Storage connectors, we have already started the migration to Mule 4 and are expected to become available by the end of April.
If you would like to find out more about how Systems Integration and MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform could help you make the most out of your current infrastructure while enabling you to open your digital horizons, do give us a call at +44 (0)203 475 7980 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other useful links: