Wow!! What a fantastic event yesterday, with more than 1000 people looking to see what are the latest developments in MuleSoft’s API-led integration world!
In his opening speech the founder of MuleSoft, Ross Mason, explained his vision on connecting data, devices and applications to everything and anything (cloud, on premise, hybrid). In fact, it is because of this vision that Anypoint Platform has become truly cloud agnostic and can be deployed on AWS, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce Cloud, Pivotal Cloud and any other cloud services provider.
There were many tracks (Architecture, Strategy, Developer and Advanced Developer etc.), but I opted for Advanced Track for developers. This track covered some great stuff like
- EDA (Event Driven Architecture Model – for RESTful Services), bringing enhanced reliability into API-led architectures.
- How developers can fast track application development with Mule 4.
- New Security Model introducing custom policies to enable companies comply with different regulatory requirements and directives, as well as internal governance models.
- Anypoint Runtime Fabric that allows the containerisation and auto-scaling of the Mule Runtime engine, increasing at the same time its robustness. Developed using Docker and Kubernetes frameworks, and unlocks the PaaS service to host on any cloud services provider.
- The new Visualiser, which provides a more detailed representation of the application networks and the different layers involved, so that production teams can easily trouble shoot and find bottlenecks.
- New Monitoring Tools, including advanced features like custom views and more visibility into real-time message processing and active transactions.
- The enhancements within Mule 4 and Studio 7 that will really enhance the way developers use this technology
- The session on the Demand capacity planning for the Mule 4 Runtime, showcased how to plan for customer peak demands with the right number of runtime vCore
I believe the new releases and features will greatly improve the user experience and speed to market, and I look forward to see them implemented in our customers’ environments.
If you would like to find out more about how Systems Integration and MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform could help you make the most out of your current infrastructure while enabling you to open your digital horizons, do give us a call at +44 (0)203 475 7980 or email us at email@example.com.
Other useful links: