In most organisations the key business objectives are outlined but not necessarily the scope of the Big Data initiative. Our discovery service helps you to create a broader scope for the initiative, a minimum viable product, an optimal solution and the shortest path to achieve your objectives.
What we do
Our big data consultants will carry out the following set of activities on-site or remotely in collaboration with your team, though some of these could vary based on the nature of engagement:
- Plan and schedule business workshops, stakeholder interviews and technical reviews to scope project requirements.
- Conduct workshops to discuss data source systems, data integration and quality standards, data extraction methodologies and interfaces.
- Document user stories, architectural and non-functional requirements.
- Architect and implement a proof of concept.
- Review architecture, user stories and programme plans - amend and finalise.
- Present product backlog, technical architecture document and roadmap. Finally, draft and agree to the next steps.
What we deliver
Once the service is completed, WHISHWORKS' consultants will provide you with the following artefacts:
- An initial project charter document detailing objectives and scope.
- A draft project plan containing an initial schedule and an estimate of required effort for its implementation.
- A high-level technical architecture document detailing recommendations for the architecture needed to support the proposed solution.
- A high-level user story backlog describing an agreed understanding of requirements.
The duration will vary in line with the needs of a particular engagement, most discovery service exercises take around thirty days, amounting to four to six weeks of elapsed time. Typically, the main workshops are conducted during the first two weeks and following that, the deliverables are created.
Once you have the right project road map and solution architecture the logical next steps are to proceed
with platform set up, data integration and analytics.