A new practical guide from WHISHWORKS to help developers design, implement, and deploy feature-rich APIs with MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform
API Recipes with MuleSoft® Anypoint PlatformTM aims to communicate some key basic concepts of implementing APIs with MuleSoft Anypoint Platform. Handcrafted by Mule specialists at WHISHWORKS, the guide includes 31 recipes that explain concepts with real-life examples and code snippets to run, to help readers build solutions from scratch.
Each recipe follows best practice and gives users a comprehensive step-by-step approach with easy-to-follow instructions, real-life examples and access to the recipe’s code. From using RAML to setting up API policies and integrating with 3rd party applications like Salesforce, users will find everything they need to successfully design, implement, test and deploy APIs on the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform.
API Recipes with MuleSoft® Anypoint PlatformTM is for all those technology geeks out there who would like to start scaling their technical knowledge on MuleSoft Anypoint Platform with real-life, practical guidelines and how-tos. Even if they are new to Mule, but have sound knowledge of Java, they should be able to understand this guide and master the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform. It is also dedicated to architects who can use these recipes to put together proven design patterns - Pankaj Kankatti, Co-Founder & CIO, WHISHWORKS.
Once you finish reading this guide, you will be confident enough to use the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform. You should be able to create transit systems that can carry data between applications within your enterprise or across the internet. You will be able to migrate data with perfection across the platforms or on cloud.
Download your free Recipe now:
Visit this page again as we will be adding more Recipes, entry level and advanced, for you to download for free!
Recipe 1 - Setting up your CloudHub environment
Recipe 3 - Designing your API with Swagger in Anypoint API Designer
- With this recipe you will be able to assign different roles to different users, and also set up different environments like Development, Quality Assurance and Production.
Recipe 4 - How to implement a simple API and deploy it on the Cloud using the MuleSoft platform
- This recipe explains how you can design an API with Swagger Editor in API Designer and use the file in Anypoint API Designer.
Recipe 6 - Implementing a new API through API-led Connectivity
- This is the first step towards the creation of the API and to exploit the features of the MuleSoft platform, in terms of designing and testing the API
- This recipe will show you how easy and quick it is to implement a simple API following an API-led Connectivity approach.
Recipe 8 - Managing an API through the API console
- MuleSoft Anypoint Platform allows the API Administrator to manage an API through the service lifecycle. This recipe shows how a user can manage an API.
Recipe 9 - Sharing APIs with Developers and Partners
- With MuleSoft Anypoint Platform, it is easy to share the API definitions without compromising security. This recipe demonstrates how to share an API with other developers by creating a portal from the API Manager.
Recipe 12 - Set up email alerts in applications in CloudHub
- Learn how to create alerts with MuleSoft Anypoint Platform to get an email whenever certain events occur for applications deployed on CloudHub as for on premise servers.
Recipe 15 - How to secure your APIs
- Being on the Cloud, it is important to secure your APIs in terms of who is consuming those APIs and what control mechanism we can put in place to ensure that the APIs are accessed and used in a safe manner.
Recipe 26 - How to encrypt & decrypt an API
- This recipe would boost your confidence level on MuleSoft Anypoint Platform for how easy and quick it is to encrypt and decrypt data.